Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First Birchbox!

So under the persuasion of my friend, Fritillaria, I decided to give Birchbox a try.  When she first described this to me I thought "Genius!"  Birchbox is a company that for $10/month will send you a monthly package with various samples, tailored for you based on a questionnaire you fill out when you join.  If you like a sample, you can buy the product through Birchbox's website.  I waste so much money on products that I end up not liking or using so I thought it would be a good idea to give this a try.  And I might discover something new and awesome along the way!

So after an annoyingly long wait list, I finally was able to sign up and got my first box in April.  
This box had the following products:
-  Befine exfoliating cleanser packets
-  Befine daily moisturizer with spf 15
-  Showstoppers designer fashion tape
-  Juicy Couture perfume sample - Viva La Juicy
-  Color Club neon nail polish
-  June Jacobs perfect pumpkin enzyme polish 

I'm excited to try out the Befine products and the exfoliator but I was disappointed with the nail polish, the Juicy Couture perfume (really?!  Juicy Couture perfume?), and the fashion tape (since I dress like a prudish bum, fashion tape is never needed).  So I'll give Birchbox a few more months and see how it goes.  If the bad outweighs the good then I'll quit.  My friend Fritillaria was unhappy with her box (post here) and I must admit she got a bad one.  It seems like the quality of boxes varies widely.  She didn't fill out the questionnaire so that might be the reason for her box, but even if she didn't her box should still be better.  So here's hoping May will be better.  But if not, there are a lot of companies that do a similar service that I totally didn't know about until Fritillaria introduced me to them.  How did I not know about these?!

1 comment:

  1. Keep that fashion tape handy! You can use it in a pinch if a hem falls. I'm always catching my heels on my dress pants and pulling the hem out. Using the tape (until it washes out) then using Stitch Witch, I don't pull the hems out anymore.

    ReplyDelete